The mission of the Genesee County Sobriety Court is to enhance public safety by providing the tools, resources, and support necessary for alcohol-dependent offenders to attain and maintain sobriety.
- 24 Month Program
- Participants may be eligible for a restricted license with an interlock device placed on the vehicle upon successful completion of Phase 1
- 90 12-step meetings in 90 Days
- Payment to court for program fees, probation fees, and/or court fees
- Compliant with all other terms and conditions of Sobriety Court and Probation
- Engage in substance abuse counseling.
- Attend frequent court hearings for review purposes.
- Attend frequent case management sessions.
- Attend 12-step meetings.
- Submit to regular drug and alcohol testing.
- Obtain employment and/or attend school or complete 20 hours of community service work every week.
- Obtain a high school diploma or GED.
- Not to use any narcotic or habit-forming drugs, including benzodiazepine, (Xanax and Klonopin [Clonozipam]). Alternative medications that are not a narcotic and/or habit-forming will need to be obtained for all prescriptions.
- Incentives and Sanctions are built into the program as part of behavior modification.
- Genesee County Resident
- Repeat Drinking and Driving Offenses
- Probation Violators
- Ages 17 and above, both male and female
- Assessments will score moderate to severe substance abuse issues
- No violent offenders as defined by MCL 600.106
*Only participants who are serious about their recovery will be considered for the program.
- Successful completion of all Sobriety Court Phases
- Sustained Sobriety
- Full-time employment or Educational Enrollment
- All court-ordered financial obligations paid in full.
- Participant Absconds
- A life-altering event that disrupts the ability to continue such as serious illness or accident
- Does not respond adequately to intervention, is resistant to treatment and/or continually experiences program violations.
Sobriety Court Team Members
|Honorable Jessica Hammon||Judge|
|Amanda Doyle||Prosecuting Attorney Consultant|
|Jessica Mainprize-Hajek||Defense Attorney Consultant|
|Shelly McFarlane||Defense Attorney Consultant|
|Kenneth Jones||Flint Odyssey House Treatment Provider|
|Charlene Sierakowski||Sobriety Court Probation Officer||810-424-4372|
|Dana Baumgart||Sobriety Court Probation Officer||810-424-4371|
AA Sign-In Sheet
Notice to Health Provider
Restricted License Information
Genesee County Sobriety Court
630 S. Saginaw Street
Flint, MI 48502