- The 67th District Court clerk’s office is open to the general public from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The clerk’s office at the McCree location, 630 S. Saginaw Street, Flint, Michigan is closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm due to staff shortages.
- The court is conducting court proceedings both in-person and remotely via Zoom. Please check your notice to confirm how to attend.
- In-person court proceedings are limited to the parties of the case (i.e. defendant, plaintiff, attorneys, victims, etc.)
- Face masks are required in the courtrooms.
- Public Access of court proceedings are available on YouTube. Please click on “Live Proceedings” located at the top of the court website page. You may view the proceedings only. DO NOT RECORD
The 67th District Court of Genesee County is a limited jurisdiction court, authorized under state statute, with jurisdiction over Genesee County, including the City of Flint effective January 2, 2016.
The Court has ten elected judges, four appointed magistrates, nine probation officers and a staff of fifty employees. The Court is responsible for parking citations, traffic violations, criminal misdemeanors, preliminary examinations in felony cases, landlord-tenant, small claims, and general civil cases.
The 67th District Court for the County of Genesee has jurisdiction in civil matters where the amount in controversy does not exceed $25,000.00.
Court hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (please see the main page for court hour changes)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the 67th District Court will furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Individuals who need assistance to participate in court hearings or other court business are invited to contact the court you will be appearing in, well in advance of your court date, to make the necessary arrangements. The Michigan Relay Center (MRC) will facilitate communication for hearing impaired or speech impaired individuals. Please contact the MRC at 1-800-649-3777 for voice to TDD communication. Click Here for Joint Local Administrative Order
There are five divisions and seven locations of the 67th District Court located throughout Genesee County.
The mission of the 67th District Court is to provide efficient and equitable justice through the impartial application of law and procedure. The court is an independent branch of government funded by the county and committed to serving the public with the highest standards of integrity and vision while being responsible stewards of public funds. The court works to enhance public safety and build a better community by providing all court users with civility, dignity, and respect.